The Malaysian art form of Bengkung belly binding is an amazing postpartum tool for all new mothers.
Our Benkung Belly Binding Service includes:
- 100% cotton muslin wrap
- a 1-hour one-on-one instruction session teaching you how to self-wrap
- instruction to your spouse/parter so they can assist you in wrapping
- text and email support for questions and concerns
- You’ll receive For one, the fabric is very customizable and can conform to any body shape unlike the stiffer commercially made support bands.
- Additional sessions can be added on
What makes this method of belly binding better than other methods?
- For one, the fabric is very customizable and can conform to any body shape unlike the stiffer commercially made support bands. As your body returns to its nearly pre-pregnancy shape, your wrap will conform to your adjusting figure. There is no need to buy different sizes. It is made of 100% cotton muslin fabric–nothing synthetic here.
- The Bengkung method also fully covers the entire abdomen area, plus some; from just under the breasts down to the hips, pelvis and pubic bone area. It provides ideal support and truly full coverage.
- The wrapping method and fabric used helps insure lower back and posture support.
- The mother’s mobility is restricted–not impossible!–so she is sure to rest. While it is easy enough to sit with the wrap on, it makes you sit straight, which is fabulous for mothers because it is so easy to slump over while feeding a new baby.
- During pregnancy, the outer most abdominal muscles separate. The job of these muscles is to support your back and your organs; however, when they are separated they are weak and cannot do their job. To achieve a strong core, these muscles must be close together. Enter: Bengkung belly binding.
- We can’t minimize the emotional impact of wearing something beautiful…when you’ve not showered in 2 days and you smell like spit up, something so simple as a colorful wrap can literally make you shine.
- Our clients do not like feeling helpless during postpartum recovery and they are eager to do for themselves again, and return to (a new) normal. When you learn to wrap yourself, you are practicing self-care and self-help which can make a world of difference in your emotional and mental well being in the early weeks of postpartum recovery.
Contact us today to learn more about the amazing benefits of belly binding!
Photo credit: Myrriah Raimbault