Many families find the initial weeks after the arrival of a baby to be particularly challenging. Our postpartum doulas are trained to help clients navigate the decision-making process so that they can make choices that are right for their family. We’re here for the entire family with unbiased and judgment-free support found only from The Fayetteville Doulas.
When your postpartum doula arrives for her shift, she’ll bring with her compassionate and expert care. She’ll greet you and ask about your goals and what you want to accomplish. For you, this could mean taking a nap, getting a long hot shower, or finishing the laundry. Or you may want the postpartum doula to step in and temporarily take over newborn care so you can get back to your daily routine. The postpartum doula’s role is customized to your needs.
- Unlike a baby nurse or nanny, our postpartum doulas are trained to recognize what is normal for a healthy postpartum recovery. They encourage you to reach out to other professionals, or your health care provider if postpartum recovery is outside the norm.
- It can be overwhelming and challenging trying to make a parenting decision while recovering from giving birth. At your request, our postpartum doulas provide unbiased resources and information on a variety of topics.
- Our postpartum doulas can help you discover your own parenting philosophy by providing information on current parenting trends and sharing up-to-date recommendations from the Academy of Pediatrics.
- Sleep when your baby sleeps, they say….With our postpartum doulas, you can! While you snuggle and bond with your new baby, our postpartum doulas will be hard at work making sure your family is comfortable. Light housekeeping duties and meal preparation are our top requested tasks.
- Proper postpartum recovery needs healthy food choices. Our postpartum doulas love to cook and can prepare snacks and meals so you (and your family) can stay well nourished while you recover.
- Feeling a little unsure? Apprehensive about your swaddling or babywearing skills? Our knowledgeable postpartum doulas are here for you! They provide basic newborn care tips to help build your confidence.
- The Fayetteville Doulas support the whole family, this means your spouse/partner, older children, and pets. Our postpartum doulas can help family members, including siblings, adjust because it is a big change for them too!
- The Fayetteville Doulas support your choice to feed your baby how ever works best for you and your family. Our postpartum doulas are able to provide breastfeeding, bottle-feeding, and/or pumping support so you can feel confident in your choice.
- Sometimes it is just nice to have another person around who can relate to childbirth and postpartum recovery. Our postpartum doulas are able to give emotional support as clients process their labor and birth while adjusting to their new family.
Day, weekend, and overnight shifts are available! We offer customized packages to meet any budget or need. Contact us today to request a welcome packet or to set up a complimentary consultation.