Five Low-Effort Ways to Make Valentine’s Day Special
Are you pregnant this Valentine’s Day, or solo parenting due to a deployed spouse, or maybe you’re just plain exhausted? Here are a few ideas for making the holiday special that doesn’t require dressing up or hours of cooking or even a partner if you don’t have one.
- Fancy up takeout. Pick up your favorite restaurant meal and serve it up on your favorite dishes, whether that means fries on grandma’s china or sushi on plastic plates. Add some candles and a grocery store bouquet and it’ll feel like a holiday.
- At-home spa day. Try out a recipe or two for a homemade face mask, soak your feet, take a long bubble bath and try a home manicure or pedicure. If you have any pint-sized Valentines they might enjoy some pampering too!
- Indoor picnic. Spread out a blanket on the living room floor and feast on cheese, fruits, bread, cakes, champagne — whatever you imagine having at a picnic in midsummer, in a flower-dotted meadow!
- Host your own wine tasting. Pick out a few bottles and keep a notebook handy for commenting on your favorites. If wine isn’t on the menu, try fancy sodas, teas or juices.
- Bake cookies. Cookies aren’t just for Christmas. Grab some heart-shaped cookie cutters and sprinkles in pink and red and go crazy! Eat your creations or wrap them up and deliver to friends, coworkers, and family.
Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone! I hope these ideas help you plan a no-stress, fun day!